João Gomes, Partner of Moneris, will be one of the speakers at the event organized by the BPCC (British-Portuguese Chamber of Commerce) whose theme will be “Social Responsibility, Business Ethics and Money Laundering”.
This event aims to address the need for companies to start assessing their performance and the impact of their practices and decisions in areas such as environment and sustainability, human rights, social responsibility and good governance.
The coming times, especially post-pandemic, will be crucial for all companies (without exception) to start assessing their performance and the impact of their practices and decisions in areas such as environment and sustainability, human rights, social responsibility and good governance.
Companies will be obliged to make new commitments, involving their value chain (relationships with business partners and customers), so they should start to become aware and prepare for these (new) issues, integrating them into the organisation through best practices, including in terms of identification and due diligence procedures vis-à-vis their clients in a matter as relevant as the prevention of money laundering.
ONLINE EVENT – VIA @TEAMS
SPEAKER: CLÁUDIA FERNANDES MARTINS, PARTNER OF MACEDO VITORINO
1. The role of business ethics in governance
2. Corporate Social Responsibility (CMR) and the ESG (Environment, Social and Governance)
3. Main aspects to consider in the implementation of a money laundering prevention programme, in particular customer identification procedures (Know Your Customer) and due diligence and risk factors
SPEAKER: JOÃO GOMES, PARTNER OF MONERIS
1. Money laundering – Organisational and financial impact
2. Sustainability and financial reporting
FORMAT: Online event – Teams Platform – but subject to prior registration.
Registration and more information: firstname.lastname@example.org t: 213 942 020