There is a growing consensus that the promotion of Diversity and Inclusion policies is essential to ensure healthy economic and business growth.
It is fundamental that the progress of societies is indiscriminately based on equal opportunities for all, guaranteeing full, fair and integrated social development.
The recent and increasingly frequent demonstrations around the world against racism, violence and discrimination are an indication of this global awareness, which is driven by values of equality and prosperity.
At Moneris, we prioritise and foster a culture of diversity, which is very much present in our multicultural, trans-generational DNA at all levels, and which does not discriminate against anyone based on the colour of their skin, ethnicity, nationality, sexuality, gender, physical condition, age, or on the basis of their faith or religion.
Moneris, as an economic operator with a strong sense of social responsibility, operating throughout Portugal, intends to continue to inspire confidence and contribute to change in the world in which we live, for a fairer, more cohesive and mutually supportive future.
At Moneris, we will remain committed to upholding our values, which include integrity and sharing without limitations, in line with best practices and principles of diversity and inclusion.
We intend to continue to attract, develop and retain different profiles and talents, who can increase the value of our human capital. Moneris considers diversity to be an essential factor, so that we can have a more comprehensive and plural vision.
This is also our social commitment, which we make to society and to the communities where we operate and in which we have an impact.
We have taken up the challenge of being a reference partner for the communities where we operate, with a view to promoting their social and economic development, in line with the strategy defined.
We have, accordingly, joined GRACE – Group for Reflection and Support for Corporate Citizenship, a a pioneering, non-profit association exclusively dedicated to the promotion of Corporate Social Responsibility, with the following aims:
- promote the development of the communities in which it operates;
- promote ethical behaviour based on its values, with a concern for the economy, people and the environment;
- respect and promote human rights, fundamental labour rights, equality and transparency;
- respect the rule of law and act in accordance with national and international laws, rules, regulations and good practices, as well as implement practices aimed at preventing corruption in all its forms;
- promote sustainability, namely by adopting innovative solutions in terms of eco-efficiency and sustainable mobility, saving resources, and adopting more environmentally-friendly practices;
- inform and provide clarification to customers on quality aspects in order to guarantee the privacy and protection of their personal data.