Rui Almeida, CEO of Moneris, will be part of the Panel of Juries in the final of Tourism Up, a program that aims to support startups in the tourism sector. The panel will feature:
- Rui Almeida as Moneris
- Paulo Setback – “Tourism of Portugal”
- Isabel Neves – “Business Angels Lisbon”
- Natacha Pinto – Inovcluster
- Luís Rosado – Ernst & Young Global Limited
- Helena Rebelo Rodrigues – “National Association of Cape Verdean Municipalities”
Tourism Up is an acceleration program for Tourism and Valorization of Endogenous Products, promoted by the Creative Territories and supported by Turismo de Portugal, in the context of the FIT – Fostering Innovation in Tourism program.
Tourism Up aims to meet the challenges of the FIT 2019 Programme:
- mobility and sustainable consumption of companies and tourists;
- seamsless experiences throughout the tourist travel cycle;
- segmentation and customization of digital strategies of companies and destinations;
- optimization of companies’ business operations in terms of management and marketing;
- strategic assets of the Tourism Strategy 2027.
The program takes place between July and December 2019, contemplating a roadshow in 25 municipalities spread throughout the continental territory and in Ribeira Grande (São Miguel Island, Azores), consisting of people and entities of recognized merit and experience in the business and potential area customers and investors, with selection of the winners of the program.
In total, 18 startups will be selected to participate in the program.
During the program, participants will be accompanied by mentors who will transmit knowledge about the entrepreneur, marketing and finance ecosystem and business strategies, among other aspects, as well as access to a network of mentors and consultants of various areas
Moneris follows this and other actions through its Tourism competence center